Home

Club Car speed sensor test

Speed Sensor Testing for Club Car - Revolution Golf Car

jakesnake27. Gone Wild. Join Date: Aug 2009. Posts: 14,223. Re: DS speed sensor test. Ok, if it is slowing down hit or miss, it is probably a failing speed sensor. Sometimes they do that, they don't just quit all at once. When a speed sensor isn't working, the cart goes into limp mode of 8 mph How to fix your speed sensor on a club carComment Below If You Have Any QuestionsPlease Subscribe!Wayne's Golf Cart Service(760) 401-5113waynesgolfcartservic.. Barry shows you how to replace a speed sensor on a Club Car Precedent golf cart. This speed sensor fits Advance electric motors and is commonly a result in l..

EZ GO golf cart trouble - YouTube

DS IQ and/or Precedent IQ Speed Sensor Test. In 2002 Club Car came out with what they called the IQ system. It consists of a shunt wound motor/controller combination much like the older Regen 1 and Regen 2 (PowerDrive Plus) carts. All DS IQ cars have a serial number prefix of AQ All Precedents are equipped with either the IQ or Excel system A Club Car controller, also known as a speed controller, has the basic function of being the brain and speed control or power management system for the Club Car golf cart. When there is no controller, it means batteries drainage is at its peak, as motors can operate independently at their high speed, which would gradually increase stress on the.

Golf Cart Motor Speed Sensor: The Basics. A golf cart motor speed sensor is, in simplest terms, a device which detects or reads the rpm of the motor and transmits this information to the speed controller to control various motor functions. A motor speed sensor can be mechanical, electrical, or magnetic based The speed sensor can be checked in the following manner: Keep the Run/Tow switch to the 'Run' position. Now push the car manually. In a Club Car golf cart in which the speed sensor is working fine, it will slow the cart down. If the cart keeps moving, then the sensor is bad. One important advice concerning batteries is that only golf cart. A bad speed sensor on your Club Car motor is a common reason for these slowing speeds. First check the motor of your Precedent to make sure that you get the correct replacement part. There can be two different motors on a Club Car Precedents. A speed sensor can also be found on different EZGO and Yamaha models as well Club Car's Power Drive is a Series Motor System, on the market from 1990 and up. and the motor has a speed sensor and cable to interact with the speed controller. Test the potentiometer if your golf cart uses one. Most golf cart potentiometers are 5K - 0 ohms, and you can get a multimeter to help test its output. 5,000 ohms would be.

DS IQ or Precedent Speed Sensor Test - Buggies Gone Wil

Club Car Speed Sensor for ADC Motor Club Car IQ DS and Precedent 1027049-01 102265601 with Magnet Golf Cart Speed Sensor. 4.6 out of 5 stars. 69. $13.99. $13. . 99. Get it as soon as Sat, Jun 26. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon Test Cart is a 2006 Club Car Precedent™ with a 6 lift, 22 Tires, Stock 1510-5201 Curtis™ controller, Stock AMD 3.2 HP motor and one year old batteries. Speed Code 5 speeds 26 to 27 mph. Remember, not all carts will achieve these top speeds; there are many variables including mcor, batteries, wires, motor condition, tires and many others Club Car Speed Code. $ 150.00 $ 115.00. Make your late model Club Car Golf Cart go a little faster with a Club Car Speed Code. Make your otherwise stock performing Club Car golf cart do 19-20mph, over the current 12-14mph. Club Car Speed Code quantity. Add to cart

Setting the speed code on Club Car I have a Club Car 2002 IQ and I am tired of being passed by old ladies on roller skates. I recently found out in www.Buggiesgornwild that there are 4 speed settings in these club cars and they ship them set on the lowest number The signals are handled in the same manner as the resistance based style to adjust the speed based on pedal position. Some older Taylor-Dunn vehicles used a 6-10.5 volts output. E-Z-GO's ITS (Induction Throttle Sensor) is a golf cart potentiometer that output a voltage based single to the controller Jun 24, 2020. #1. I have a 2007 48 volt Club Car DS. My speed sensor checks out ok with all the test, but I only get 12 mph as my top speed.Can the problem still be the speed sensor. Everything else I've changed the solenoid, Mcor, rebuilt controller Hi Curt, I just got a 2006 Club car and I replaced the speed sensor, the mag. was cracked, how ever it will run slow only, if you try to go faster it stops read more Curtis B

Live. •. Club Car IQ Golf Cart Speed Sensor For ADC Motor. Screw mounted. OEM: 102704901; 9390. Add to Cart. Club Car IQ Golf Cart Speed Sensor For ADC Motor. $120.95. $199.90 The small square block, is it wired to the solenoid? It would be a snubber, and Club Car discontinued them, it can be removed. Remove it and see if cart runs. And you are sure there is no plug to a speed sensor on the drive motor? Only model I see without it are the 36 volt models

PeakCar OEM# 102704901 Golf Cart IQ Speed Sensor for Club Car DS and Club Car Precedent ADC Electric Golf Cart Motor. $21.99. $21. . 99. 10% coupon applied at checkout. Save 10% with coupon. Get it as soon as Fri, May 21. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon Club Car DS Golf Cart V-Glide Switch Case Cover - 36V, 48V Electric 1985+. SKU: CON-016. $39.90 $18.95. Add to Cart CLUB CAR (4 easy ways to tell the difference - Use at least 2 of 5 to confirm.) 1. Does the Golf Cart have a Tow/Run switch or Run/Maintenance switch? This would be under the seat. If the cart DOES have this switch, it is a Regen (Regenerative Braking) cart. If there is NOT a switch, then its a Series cart. See examples below Club Car Tow/Run.

Forward Reverse and Key can be tested as either ON or OFF when switching to these functions. *OEM* Club Car Precedent MCOR 2 to 4 Conversion (2008.5-up) Golf Cart AM293001 MCOR Accelerator for Club Car Precedent Golf Carts (2004-2011) King of Carts - Golf Cart Superstore (843) 650-249 Fifth Speed Resistor Coil, 5 Gauge Wire for 1997-2003 Club Car Electric Models. Sale! Regularly $37.99. Now: $31.99 Strange, every test i do points to the a broken speed sensor. If I push the golf cart with the run tow switch in the run position, no beep. I can run 20 meters in full speed, then the golf cart slows down. If I move my foot from the speed pedal and push it again the same thing happens and over and over, the speed is correct The vehicle speed sensor sends a signal to the onboard computer about the current speed of the vehicle. A vehicle speed sensor that is defective can cause serious problems with the way that the car operates. These problems are not only attributed to the speedometer. You will see problems with the cruise control, transmission, ABS, and even. 3) Failed switch. Test Procedure 4, Page 11-13 Solenoid 1) Loose wires. Test Procedure 5, Page 11-14 2) Failed coil. Test Procedure 5, Page 11-14 3) Failed solenoid diode. Test Procedure 5, Page 11-14 Controller Electrical Leakage 1) Dirt or acid residue on the controller. Test Procedure 10, Page 11-18 Onboard Computer 1) Battery connections

Vehicle Speed Sensor Testing. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Disengage the wiring harness connector from the VSS. Using a Digital Volt-Ohmmeter (DVOM), measure the resistance (ohmmeter function) between the sensor terminals. If the resistance is 190-250 ohms, the sensor is okay. Vehicle Speed Sensor Replacemen If you happen to have a later model vehicle, your car will probably use the controller area network protocol. This particular sensor gives you a digital signal on the actual on-board computer in your vehicle. Test this with the help of a resistive magneto sensor. With this sensor, an electromagnetic field is powered by the computer Club car runs in reverse but not forward. Rich on June 11, 2016: I have a Club Car (2006 or 2008) golf cart. It will just stop for no good reason. I've had two shops run all sorts of diagnostic test using their computers and they can't seem to find the problem. I've talked to a few other folks and they seem to think it may be the solenoid The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) is also commonly referred to as a transmission speed sensor or output shaft speed sensor. It is a small device—typically mounted somewhere on the transmission—that determines how fast your vehicle is going by measuring the rotation of a toothed wheel on a shaft inside the transmission

Golf Cart Speed Sensor Troubleshooting (EZGO, Club Car

Most Golf Carts are manufactured to go a max of 19.9 MPH with an average top speed of 14-15 MPH. So, let's say you're an individual that owns a golf cart that goes less than 25 MPH and wants to see a little more speed. Well, then this is the perfect article for you. 1. Increase your tire and wheel siz View and Download Club Car Gasoline service manual online. the engine-kill white/black wire at the bullet connector located by the RPM limiter (Figure. After plenty of money and swearing, I have finally diagnosed my 93 club car with a faulty rpm limiter. I have replaced almost everything.Apr 12, · Taking the speed limiter off of a golf cart Speed Sensor, Club Car IQ, ADC Motor, New Style. Cross Reference Part Numbers: NIVEL 9390 CLUB CAR 102704901 Pictures of two different types of Club Car MCOR's below: Other Tests Using the IQDM. You can also test the Forward / Reverse switch and the key switch by going to those fuctions and monitor while turning On and Off Tidewater Carts Superstore 4014 Fernandina Road Columbia SC 29212 (803) 851-0455 This email address is being protected from.

ClubCar - DS IQ or Precedent Speed Sensor Test WildBuggie

Carts that have had the high speed code 4 programmed by Club Car (that already go 19.5 mph) will not see an appreciable increase in speed. Carts that have an increased speed due to speed gear mods or taller tires though, can still gain a speed advantage with the speedyLink All Club Car golf carts newer than 1995 have an OBC or On Board Computer in the charge circuit to monitor and control several functions on the golf cart. It did have a speed sensor issue, replaced it and that's all good. Just concerned about the charging thing, don't want to ruin $1,200.00 worth of batteries, or worse yet burn. Club Car Sepex carts include Regen I and II, and IQ, & Excel Yamaha Sepex drives include G19, G22, & G29 YDRE . Everything else is simply Series drive. Series drive is used for the workhorse carts. The Series drive carts are better suited for off road use, moving heavy loads, and slow going Club Car DS Wiring Diagrams 1981 To 2002. Written by Chuck Wilson in Club Car, FAQ. Club Car Golf carts have evolved many times since 1975, and although the basic electrical design has stayed close to the same, there are small differences. These differences are important when troubleshooting your cart Product Description. 3 speed wire sensor with snap in plug. For Club Car IQ, GE Motor, Old Style. Cross Reference Part Numbers: NIVEL 9451 CLUB CAR 1022656-01. ×

Up to 50% Speed Increase - Disables Pedal Up Braking - Installs Easily in Minutes - Totally Plug-n-Play - Does not Sacrifice Torque - Made in the USA For Club Car Precedent IQ or DS IQ Watch the Demonstration Available Only Here at DOS Normally $139.95+free shipping Sale - $109.9 Club Car Golf Cart Speed Sensor for ADC Motor, Fits Club Car IQ DS and Precedent. Rating Required. Name Email Required. Review Subject Required. Comments Required. Q&As. SKU 1171H000. Availability In Stock Shipping Ships By Wednesday. FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $99+ ADD TO PARTS LIST Click the button below to add the Club Car Golf Cart Speed. SHELBY CONTROL SYSTEMS Manufacturer of the Speed Code 5 Programmer, now offers new NAVITAS™ AC CONVERSION KITS & ALLTRAX™ Controllers, RED HAWK™ & FSIP™ Series and Sepex Motors, Both Torque and Speed. These Controllers, & Motors fit EZGO™, CLUB CAR™ YAMAHA™ and BAD BOY BUGGIES™ golf carts and LSVs Sam's Club will not service wheel positions with missing or damaged lug nuts or studs. Tire Recycling Service. $2.50 per-tire charge. You must possess an active Sam's Club Membership. Service includes disposal of one Passenger Metric (P), Light Truck Metric (LT), European Metric, or High-Flotation tire only NEW Chrysler GEM Speed Sensor Magnet for GE Motor. $49.99. Free shipping. Free shipping Free shipping. Seller 99.1% positive. Seller 99.1% positive Seller 99.1% positive. 2 Club Car Front Wheel Hub Assembly Bearings for Pprecedent DS 03.5+ 102357701. $51.24

AUTO car styling 1 pc Tire Pressure Gauge Dial Meter

DS speed sensor test - buggiesgonewild

Home › > Speed Sensor for Club Car IQ 04- Up w/ GE Motor. Speed Sensor for Club Car IQ 04- Up w/ GE Motor Availability Just like the golf carts with the club car iq controller installed. A new golf cart costs around $5,000, and a used model runs much less. They get decent gas mileage, and sometimes require no gas at all, with an electric Club Car model with a Club Car golf cart speed controller good for around 20 miles per charge SPEED SETTING The vehicle 's top speed can be changed by selecting values 1 through 3 (Figure 7). If a value of 4 is displayed for the speed setting, a special access code has been entered to place the vehicle in private speed mode. A speed setting of 4 cannot be selected with the speed setting menu item. For additional information on speed Where is the Serial Number located on my Club Car? From 1981 through Present, Club Car positions the serial number under the glove box on the passenger side of the golf cart. The first 2 numerical characters indicate the last 2 digits of the year of manufacture. Golf carts prior to 1981, the serial number can be found on the vehicle frame Speed sensors are part of a vehicle's anti-lock braking system (ABS). The speed sensors are designed to convey data regarding the speed of the vehicle to the in-car ABS computer system. The sensors are magnetic, and this makes them attract dust and debris. The various components of the speed sensors can gather.

48-Volt Club Car Electric V-Glide Assembly (Fits 1995-Up) (2) $278.99 More Information. 36-Volt Club Car DS V-Glide Assembly (Fits 1989-Up) $100.99 More Information. Club Car Electric Speed Switch Assembly (Fits 1980-1988) (2) $248.99 More Information. ‹1 2 3 › view all Bandit upgraded Club Car 48 volt GE brand series motor, speed around 18 - 20 mph (estimated) and 25+% increase in low end torque with all stock components. Bandit upgraded EZ-GO 36 volt DCS AMD brand motor, speed around 22 -24 mph (estimated) and 25% increase in low end torque with all stock components

The E-Z-GO golf cart has two kinds of speed controllers, the Precision Drive System (PDS) and the Drive Control System (models before 1994). If your cart is having problems running at a constant speed or is performing erratically, then you should troubleshoot the controller to find out what the problem is Speed Controller 48V, 250A Controller for Club Car Precedent Excel Golf Cart 2009 & Up Curtis Part Number: 1515-5201 Club Car Part No. 103403402 **If the Club Car Precedent cart has slowed down from 14.80 M top speed to a crawl this is the mostly the speed sensor **

Speed Control. CartParts.com is your one source in finding the correct replacement speed control parts for your Club Car golf cart. We carry an extensive inventory of controllers that will be as stock or increase the torque or speed of your golf car! Most of our Club Car parts come with a 1 year manufacturer defect warranty SR-48300 Alltrax 300 Amp Speed Controller. Works 12- 48 volts. For series motors. Custom set up to your specific cart and throttle. Will work on Ezgo, Club Car, Yamaha , Taylor Dunn and many more. SR48300. $491.00 $386.00 Tempo 4Fun. Go anywhere on campus with our versatile line of utility, transportation, and street-legal vehicles and golf carts. Reduce your cost of ownership and carbon footprint. Learn more about: Education. Carryall 500. Carryall 510 LSV. Transporter. Other Utility Vehicles. View all utility vehicles If you want to get the maximum top speed out of your Club Car Precedent it will involve your cart to be reprogrammed to a controller setting of a non-stock 5. Must have THE CODE 5 PROGRAMMER From here to get things started. Code 5 Programmer Sequence of Operation

Club Car Speed Sensor Fix - YouTub

1. Club Car DS Golf Carts RTS Throttle Sensor. OEM: Add to Cart. Club Car DS Golf Cart RTS Throttle Sensor. $168.95. $299.90
  2. Club Car uses an On Board Computer (or OBC) to monitor and control various functions of their carts. It functions as a Go/No Go control for the charging and drive systems. If the OBC detects a problem in either the charging or drive system, it will shut that feature off. When the fault clears, the OBC is supposed to re
  3. Speed Sensor with Magnet for Advanced Motors & Drives (ADM) Motor used in 2002 to 2007 Yamaha G22 +++ 2004 and newer Club Car 48 volt model DS and 2005 and newer Precedent +++ 2000 and newer E-Z-GO +++ Western with Advanced motor +++ 2004 and newer Columbia Par Car with sep-ex Advanced motor +++ 2014 to 2016 Polaris GEM with Advanced motor +++ 2007 and newer Tomberlin E-merge
  4. Engine sensors, such as a vehicle's speed sensor, are the extensions of the car's computer system. If the speed sensor is experiencing problems, the vehicle's on-board computer may have problems interpreting the information and subsequently shutting down car components
  5. Every EZ-GO golf cart comes equipped with one of two kinds of speed controllers, a precision drive system or a drive control system. All modern golf carts (Including any cart that is sold by Garrett's) use the precision drive system or PDS, whereas older carts made before 1994 will use a drive control system
  6. This will only work on Club Cars DS & Precedent IQ with ADC motors. Increases cart speeds up to 19 MPH on non-lifted carts and 22 MPH on a lift cart with no loss in torque. This replaces the magnet in the speed sensors, not the whole sensor itself. You can expect to see 2-8 MPH gain depending on the health of your batteries
  7. An engine speed sensor, also known as vehicle speed sensor, retrieves and sends data to your car's computer system. A car speed sensor shows the car's engine spinning rate. The vehicle speed sensor does this by taking note of at what rate the crankshaft is spinning

The Club Car DS V-Glide Switch Case Assembly is a part of one of those numerous systems. This setup uses a v-shaped box that has stationary copper contacts mounted in an arc. A rod with what is known as a movable contact sweeps over the stationary ones as you depress the accelerator pedal You Have No Items in Your Shopping Cart. Clear Cart. Employee/Distributor Logi The speed sensor on a golf cart is used to interpret the rpm of a motor. From there, it then passes this information to the speed controller found in the cart. The point of this device is to keep control of the many motor functions that exist. This includes regenerative braking and a protection called roll away

Club Car Precedent 48v Intermittent Problem Question: I have a 2012 Club Car Precedent 48v electric cart that will suddenly stop working. It has brand new batteries, and seems fine, but randomly will not move when pushing the pedal. It will lurch forward then stop again, or it may work normal after changing the f/r [ Club Car PRECEDENT Golf Cart Tune Up Kit Upgraded Oil/Fuel Filter FE290 & FE350. 4.5 out of 5 stars. (4) 4 product ratings - Club Car PRECEDENT Golf Cart Tune Up Kit Upgraded Oil/Fuel Filter FE290 & FE350. $26.95 Club Car Solenoids; Club Car Speed Controller Parts; Club Car Starter Generators & Parts; Club Car Steering Parts; Club Car Suspension Parts. Club Car Leaf Springs Open Ball, E-Z-Go 4-cycle Gas 91+, Club Car DS/Precedent Electric 84+, Yamaha Gas & Electric. Product ID: BRNG-010. Add To Wish List. $40.00 Sale Price: $30.00. Browse more in E. This file contains information transposed from the BMW Car Club of Bulgaria forum site (Errors and omissions excluded) - ABS 1 Reset the fault code and test drive the vehicle before re-diagnosing. 82 Rotational speed sensor front right - Check connection between rotational speed sensor.

Speed Sensor for Club Car Motor How to Replace on Golf

1. Vehicle Info Required to Guarantee Fit. $16.99. +$0.00. Core Charge. Add to cart. Vehicle Fitment. 2005 GMC Yukon Denali 8 Cyl 6.0L AUTO TRANS INPUT SHAFT SPEED SENSOR - With 17 Bolt Transmission Pan. 2005 GMC Yukon SLE 8 Cyl 4.8L AUTO TRANS INPUT SHAFT SPEED SENSOR - With 17 Bolt Transmission Pan. 2005 GMC Yukon SLE 8 Cyl 5.3L AUTO TRANS INPUT.
  2. Page 139 IQ SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING - TPS Test Procedures TEST PROCEDURE 21 - Motor Speed Sensor See General Warnings on page 1-1. Motor Speed Sensor Test with the IQDM Handset CAUTION • Perform the following procedure only on a level surface. To avoid injury or property damage, ensure that the path of the vehicle is clear before pushing.
  3. A faulty speed sensor can cause all sorts of strange problems in your car. Most Common Symptoms of a Faulty Engine Speed Sensor. A faulty vehicle speed sensor can cause an array of problems. In fact, symptoms of a faulty speed sensor may also result symptoms of other common components such as a defective coil pack or bad throttle position sensor
  4. Engine and transmission speed sensors vary in cost depending on the type of sensor. A crankshaft or camshaft position sensor could cost anywhere from $15 to $250. Aftermarket parts tend to be cheaper. Transmission speed sensors tend to cost around the same. Labor varies depending on the engine type, as some sensors are more accessible than others
  5. The speed sensor, an essential component for the operation of several on-board systems, allows the magnetic rotation speed to be measured in order to provide a voltage corresponding to the rotation speed.. It is widely used in the aeronautics, automotive and precision engineering sectors. In the automotive sector, a wheel speed sensor is required
The Chrysler K-Car Club • View topic - How to test the

Club Car Low Speed Vehicles (LSVs) have VIN numbers. Non-LSV Club Car vehicles do not have VIN numbers. Instead, serial numbers are used. The serial number of each vehicle is printed on a bar code decal mounted either below the passenger side cup holder or above the accelerator or brake pedal (Example: PH0901-123456, as shown, or F9901123456. @mmcconn2 all this when I initiate the load test they move toward the weak range. I checked the voltage between the B- and the M- on the speed control module and it was at Battery voltage (36V). I then pushed the accelerator pedal and monitored the voltage at B- and M-, the more I pushed the lower the voltage dropped Assuming it was the Hall speed sensor I bought a 2nd hand one and swapped it in. Still no speedometer! So I did what I should have done in the first place and tested the sensor. The sender is pretty easy to test. There are three connectors coming out of it. Using the colours on the wiring harness, yellow is the +12v supply, brown is earth and. Common Club Car problems include failure to charge and issues with solenoids failing to click. This results in Club Cars not starting. One problem common with Club Carts is failure to charge, notes Golf Link. Leaving on the lights or accessories of the Club Car could result in the battery draining, leaving the Club Car without power when it.

Video: Tech Tips - High Speed Performance Electric Golf Cart

CITROEN New Berlingo Van 1

CLUB CAR CONTROLLERS AND TROUBLESHOOTING - Golf Cart Parts

2) Remove counter gear speed sensor from transaxle. See. Fig. 1. Check resistance between speed sensor terminals. Resistance. should be 560-680 ohms. Connect a DVOM to speed sensor terminals. 3) Measure voltage when a magnet is put close to tip of speed. sensor, then taken away quickly. See Fig. 8. Voltage generated should. be intermittent and. Cross Reference & Part Finder Tool (motors, controllers & solenoids) Minimize. Part # : Use the Search Box to find a direct replacement part. Enter OEM or Supplier Part #'s. Examples: 73445-G01, DE2-4007, A95-4001, 10122401-02. Search. Categories. Electric Performance Parts 1984-1991 Club Car DS Gas - GolfCartPartsDirect. Location. 1984-1991 Club Car Gas. 1984-1991 Club Car Gas. Browse our online catalog to find the parts you need for your 1984-1991 Club Car Gas Golf Cart. Click on the image or link to view a full diagram and order parts. Accelerator Pedal Assy. Air Cleaner Club Car Parts Manuals. 1976-1980 (Caroche) 1981-84 DS (Electric) 1984-1985 DS Golf Car (Electric Vehicles) 1985-91 DS (Gas) 1988-91 Carryall (Gas) 1992 Carryall 1-2. 1992 DS. 1993 Carryall 1-2 There is a quick and relatively easy way to speed up your golf cart to make the holes fly by. Locate the engine. Club Car engines are housed under the passenger seat and can be accessed by simply pulling up on the seat and putting the seat into the foot well. The engine will be sunk several inches into the opening to protect it from accidental.

Copeland 9RS3-D765TFC Semi Hermetic RefrigerationZHAOXIN KXN 6010D High Power Switching DC Power Supply 0Hobart HR7E Electric Rotisserie Oven Wiring Harness ForDixie Chopper LT2500 Silver Eagle Riding Lawn Mower RH

1998-1999 Club Car DS Gas or Electric. 2000-2005 Carryall 1, 2 & 6 by Club Car. 2000-2005 Club Car DS Gas or Electric. 2001-2004 Pioneer 1200 & 1200SE. 2004-2007 Club Car Precedent Gas or Electric. 2006-2007 Club Car DS Gas or Electric. 2008 Club Car Precedent Gas or Electric. 2008 XRT 1550 & Carryall 295. Chargers Cost me all of $15 including shipping. To purchase your Club Car golf cart repair manual you will need to know: 1. Gas or Electric. 2. The model of your Club Car - the two models are DS and Precedent. 3. The year the golf cart was made. You will find the year of your golf cart by checking the serial number Watch RPM and raise the armature voltage such that you see about 2000 RPM. You can then adjust the field voltage while leaving the armature voltage alone. And you can see the effects of field weakening. But keep an eye on the RPM and keep it under 4000, to be safe. The lower the field current, the higher the RPM